Welcome! We look forward to working with you and your child in lessons. Please take a minute to review our studio policies. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us during our normal business hours.
- Students are responsible for their monthly tuition and purchasing any supplementary items (books, sheet music, etc) that are needed during their study at Kosha Music.
- Kosha Music accepts payment by check, monthly auto-debit, or online payment via PayPal from within our student portal.
- Should your lesson fall on a day of the week with a 5th instance in any given month, the 5th instance can be used as a makeup day or the student can pay a prorated tuition fee to receive a 5th lesson that month.
- Tuition is month to month and covers the cost of 4 lessons. Tuition is due on the 1st of each month. A late fee of $35 will be enforced after the 10th of the month.
- Returned checks will incur a fee of $50 and future payments by check will be prohibited.
- Regular attendance is an essential component of making progress in your music studies, but should you need to miss an appointment, 24 hours is required to ensure a makeup lesson. If less than 24 hours notice is given, a makeup lesson is not guaranteed, and at the sole discretion of the instructor.
- Lessons that occur on a holiday will be rescheduled for a make-up lesson with your instructor.
- If a student is a minor, the parent or legal guardian will ensure that the minor student is accompanied by either the parent/guardian or another responsible adult for the entire duration of the lesson.
- In the event that your instructor must be absent, you will be given as much notice as possible. If a quality substitute can not be found before the lesson, a makeup lesson will be scheduled with the regular instructor.
- Regular practice is an essential component of reaching goals when learning to play an instrument. It is highly encouraged for students to engage in regular weekly practice. Parents are encouraged to discuss practice with their child during the week in between lessons.
Termination of Lessons
- Lessons may be terminated at any time by either the student or Kosha Music. We ask that at least 2 weeks notice be given if the student wishes to discontinue lessons.
- Kosha Music will only terminate lessons for severe behavior issues, non-payment of tuition, or any other unforeseeable issues that may arise. However, we would much rather find a mutually acceptable solution. If you have any concerns about any part of the lessons, we request that you communicate with the instructor to see if a solution can be found that benefits both parties.